Stagebound Vocal Intensive
May 22-27, 2017
The Stagebound Vocal Intensive (SVI) is a five-day program designed specifically for young performers desiring the opportunity to understand and implement the professional workings of the business. Stagebound is the only program in the country that offers specific instruction in all genres of music.
During their time at Stagebound, participants will be offered:
- Instruction in both solo and ensemble works, an Industry Showcase and a New York City Cabaret Showcase.
- The opportunity to sing for professionals in the field in an Industry Showcase and receive feedback and consideration for potential work. Past panelists include: Christopher McGovern, Off Broadway music director/composer, Ellen Rievman, dramatic coach, Christopher Betts, stage director, and Mari-Yan Pringle, world renowned dramatic operatic soprano.
Esteemed faculty includes:
· Karen Parks, founder and CEO of Stagebound, Inc. and Olivier Award Nominee
· Samuel McKelton, member of the original cast of The Lion King on Broadway
· Michael McElroy, Tony Nominee for performance in Big River
· Darryl Tookes, critically acclaimed singer- songwriter
Former Guest Artists include:
o Christopher Jackson (Hamilton: An American Musical, The Lion King)
o Randy Graff (City of Angels, Class Act, Les Miserables)
o Norm Lewis (Phantom of the Opera, Porgy and Bess, Les Miserables)
o Francesca Harper- (Fosse, The Producers, The Frogs)
o Rachel Tecora Tucker- renowned dancer and choreographer (OBC The Lion King, touring company of The Wiz)
Where: Opera America, 330 7th Avenue, New York, NY 1001
Slots are limited! Click here to apply.